George R. Wandling, MD
- Clear Lens Exchange
- Cataract & Advanced Cataract Surgery
- LASIK & PRK
- Light Adjustable Lens (LAL)
- Comprehensive Eye Care
- Diabetic Eye Care
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Glaucoma Management
- LASIK & PRK Consultations
- Coon Rapids
- Edina LASIK Center
- White Bear Lake
George R. Wandling, MD
Dr. Wandling is a board-certified ophthalmologist that specializes in cataract, Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), LASIK, and refractive lens implant surgery. He is certified on the LENSAR™ femtosecond laser for cataract surgery, Ziemer™ femtosecond laser, and the WaveLight® EX500 excimer laser, providing customized refractive cataract surgery, including multifocal IOLs, LASIK, and PRK. His interest and experience in cataract surgery includes micro-incision techniques and the use of the LENSAR™ femtosecond laser. Dr. Wandling performs minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) including the Glaukos iStent, Ivantis Hydrus, and Sight Sciences OMNI procedures. He is one of the most experienced MIGS surgeons in the upper midwest and has presented his personal data at national meetings. To attain the best treatment for patients, he participates in practice-based and FDA-sponsored research studies.
Dr. Wandling was born in Charlotte, North Carolina then moved to Rochester, MN in kindergarten. Dr. Wandling attended the University of Iowa earning both a BA in mathematics and a BS in Biology. He stayed at the University of Iowa College of Medicine and graduated with research distinction after research fellowships studying LASIK, PRK, and corneal transplantation. Dr. Wandling completed his Internal medicine internship at the University of Iowa-Des Moines then his ophthalmology residency at the University of Minnesota. Prior to joining North Suburban Eye Specialists, Dr. Wandling performed thousands of eye surgeries and was on staff at the University of Illinois.
Dr. Wandling has been active in medical associations advocating for patients since medical school and was the first medical student elected to the Board of Directors at the Iowa Medical Society. He has also served on the board of the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, and is currently a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Wandling LG, Wandling GR Jr, Marshall MF, Lee MS. Truth-telling and non-organic vision loss. Can J Ophthal Oct;51(5):390-392.
- Ward M, Wandling GR, Goins KM, Sutphin JE, Kitzmann AS, Wagoner MD. Photorefractive Keratectomy Modification of Post-Keratoplasty Anisometropic Refractive Errors. Cornea 2013 Mar;32(3):273-9.
- Kitzmann AS, Wandling GR, Goins KM, Sutphin JE, Wagoner MD. Penetrating Keratoplasty versus Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty for Endothelial Failure following Penetrating Keratoplasty. . Int. Ophthal. 2012 Feb;32(1):15-23
- Wandling GR Jr, Rauen MP, Goins KM, Kitzmann AS, Sutphin JE, Kwon YH. Alward WLM, Wagoner MD. Glaucoma Therapy Escalation in Eyes with Pseudophakic Edema after Penetrating Keratoplasty and Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty. Int. Ophthal. 2012 Feb;32(1):9-14
- Wagoner MD, Wickard JC, Wandling GR Jr, Milder LC, Rauen ME, Kitzmann AS, Sutphin JE, Goins KM. Initial Resident Refractive Surgical Experience: Outcome of Surface Ablation versus Laser Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis. J Refract Surg 2011;27:180-188
- Cohen AW, Goins KM, Sutphin JE, Wandling GR, Wagoner MD. Penetrating Keratoplasty Versus Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty for the Treatment of Keratoconus. Int. Ophthal. 2010 Dec;30(6):675-81.
- Wandling GR Jr, Parikh M, Robinson CR, Pramanik S, Goins KM, Sutphin JE, Alward WLM, Greenlee EC, Kwon YH. Wagoner MD. Escalation of Glaucoma Therapy After Deep Lamellar Endothelial Keratoplasty. Cornea 2010 Sep;29(9): 991-5
Dr. Wandling and his wife Lara raise their four young children in St. Paul. They enjoy traveling, cycling, skiing, and learning to cook new cuisine.